Job PostingBack to Join Our Team
Position Title: Registered Nurse
Company/Program: Windsor Essex Community Health Centre
Classification: Part Time Permanent, 17.5 hours per week
Date Posted: Tues, Jan 30, 2018
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
The Registered Nurse functions as a member of the inter-professional Diabetes Wellness team and performs assessments, development of client-focused treatment plans, health education/counseling, and other clinical activities. The clients that will be supported have diabetes or pre-diabetes. As a key member of the inter-professional team, the Registered Nurse will:
• Provide care and treatment of health conditions in a supportive, therapeutic and preventative means in order to attain/maintain optimal function of the client
• Perform physical assessments, provide treatment, health education/counseling and other clinical activities according to the College of Nurses of Ontario Professional Standards and within the scope of practice for RN’s
• Work collaboratively with prescribing primary care providers and other health care providers to provide optimal client care
• Participate as a member of the inter-professional team in all functions such as planning and team meetings
• Network with internal and community partners to ensure an optimal continuum of health and social services for clients/patients
• Review client referral from prescribing physician, as well as the client’s eligibility for treatment and consult with the physician if the client is found ineligible for treatment and provide rationale
• Involve client in all aspects of treatment and care
• Contribute to chart documentation, participate in chart reviews, case conferences and progress reports to referring/non-referring Physicians or primary health care providers
• Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of education, counseling and health promotion programs and services
• Public speaking in various venues as required
• Perform other duties that support the mission and vision of the organization and/or as assigned based on position responsibilities and/or site requirements.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Minimum 3-5 years nursing experience in a community setting or combination of community and hospital or public health settings
• Experience in working with clients with diabetes or pre-diabetes
• Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
• Certified Diabetes Educator designation an asset
• Knowledge of policies, legislations, programs and issues related to area of practice
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of community resources
• Able to convey complex health concepts to the lay public
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and possess strong organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal, public speaking and communication skills
• Motivated, self-directed and a team player
• Proficient in the use of computers and various software applications is required
• Bilingual (English/French) language skills an asset
• Ability to work flexible schedule of hours
• Clean driver’s abstract, current, valid Class “G” Driver’s License with reliable transportation to support travel throughout Windsor-Essex County.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
• Undergraduate degree in nursing from a recognized University.
• Member in good standing and current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Current Basic Rescuer (C) certificate recognized by the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario is required.
• Completion of a Police Clearance and Vulnerable Sector check prior to commencing employment.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm, February 9, 2018. Refer to posting DWRN18AP.