Choices & Changes is designed to provide healthcare professionals with conceptual models for effective communication and facilitation of client health behaviour change to optimize health outcomes. It also provides opportunities for practice and immediate feedback to improve their own interviewing and behaviour change counselling shills. It is a valuable resource designed to provide healthcare professionals with the literature, theory and strategies to effectively engage clients in positive healthy behaviours to optimize health outcomes. Choices & Changes is an evidence- based program, developed by the Institute for Healthcare Communication, and approved and accredited by The College of Family Physicians of Canada.
• Explore the role of a healthcare professional as a facilitator of change
• Identify specific strategies to assess the motivation to change
• Understand the skills needed to influence behaviour change
• Demonstrate essential techniques to influence change
• The workshop is offered at NO COST
• Manual provided
• Workshop certificate upon completion
• Mainpro credits available to those who qualify
Mainpro Credits Available to all who complete the workshop: 1.0 Mainpro-M1 credits are assigned for every hour of workshop up to a maximum of 4.0 Mainpro-M1 upon receipt of your certificate of completion. Mainpro-C credits (2 credits per submission) can also be requested.
Choices and Changes is an evidence-based program, developed by the Institute for Healthcare Communication, and approved and accredited by The College of Family Physicians of Canada.
SATURDAY APRIL 21, 2018
REGISTRATION FROM 8:30am - 9:00am
WORKSHOP WILL RUN FROM 9:00am - 2:00pm
BREAK FOR LUNCH FROM 12:00pm - 12:30pm
weCHC Pickwick Site
7621 Tecumseh Road East
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US AT: