Communities Across the Erie St. Clair working together to reduce falls for older adults
Falls are the leading cause of injury and death among seniors. Most falls however are avoidable with appropriate education, awareness, screening, assessment, intervention and prevention. In 2011, Ontario’s LHINs and Public Health Units partnered to develop the Integrated Provincial Falls Prevention Framework & Toolkit. As a result, multiple health agencies across the Erie St. Clair joined forces to work towards identifying the needs in their community, developing local falls prevention networks, sharing resources and collaborating. This website aims to provide a central platform and communication hub connecting health care providers with upcoming Falls Prevention events and initiatives across the Erie St. Clair regions.
Falls Prevention EventsNo upcoming events
The Erie St. Clair Falls Prevention Mobile Clinic is a group of health care providers from the community who work with seniors to help maintain their independence and reduce their risk of having a fall.
The Falls Prevention Mobile Clinic
- Assess what may be putting seniors at risk of falling
- Educate seniors on ways to reduce the risk of falling
- Connect seniors to community programs and health services
When are the clinics offered?
- 2nd Thursday of the month in Sarnia Lambton
- 3rd Thursday of the month in Windsor Essex
- 4th Thursday of the month in Chatham Kent
Contact number is: 1-877-301-9790